My Blog List

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Love

Love after love written by St.  Lucia Derek  Walcott is a lovely short poem talking about love around us. Love yourself is as important as love others. Love means to share the snacks with my friends when I was young; Love means to follow the directions that teachers gave when I grew up in the school; Love means to chat with my parents every week online since I came to America. It is important to share your love with all those around you but you have to realize the importance of loving yourself first. How could a person love others in a right way if she or he even cannot love himself or herself? This poem reminds me the story"Magi's gift" by O'Henry and tales of twin cities by Charles Dickens that I read before. "Magi's gift" talks about a story between a couple.they give up the their favorite things to offer a better gift for the other. Love for them is giving up. Charles and Lucies love each other but cannot be together in the end for many reasons. Love for them means a pity.
Many kinds of love are existed in out life and it is love that makes our lives more colorful. Loving yourself is not that difficult, just shut your cellphone off, lay on the sofa and get away from all the troubles to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment